Saturday, May 23, 2009

Random incidents

Interaction with the Sales Rep, Selva on one of my field visits:

Selva: so, u r from m-ee-r-u-th?
Me: yeah, its 70 kms from Delhi.
Selva: so, what is m-ee-r-u-th famous for?
(Mangal Pandey just vanished from my memories, as I was quickly thinking for things one can associate with meerut.)
Me: eh....umm.....its quite famous for its 'gundas'...(Omkara-the movie, was the only thing that came to my mind then....)
Selva: he he...gundas right....he he....no, like Chennai famous for idli-dosa, like that....
Me: hmmm...(Meerut and food...now think..), meerut is famous for revari-gazzak....
Selva: gazzaaak???
Me: Oh..its made of 'gud'...
Selva: 'gud'???
Me: ummm...jaggery...
Selva: Oh, jaggery...
Me: yeah, gazzak is jaggery balls with sesame seeds on 'em....
Selva: Yeah, yeah...i kno...i kno....
Me: (Jaggery balls with sesame seeds, that even i didn't know....) :)

Chennai will make a 'Restaurant Menu Designer' out of me....if such a vocation exists!!


1 comment:

  1. I daclare this post(and the next one too) WORTHY of my praise!
    :)

    ReplyDelete