Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No cribbing about crabs!

This is not how i had planned the next few posts on this blog, but i really am dying to share something with the world, so the planned posts can take a back seat, for the time being.
This is how it goes. I went out to scourage for some dinner tonight and spotted a roadside restaurant aptly called - The Visitor's Restaurant. I went in and had a look at the menu.
I ordered, "Anna(Shilpa Shetty's Big Brother), unnei(one) egg noodles and unnei crab fry(I am picking up some tamil BTW!)".
Yeah, I ordered crab and crab is what i got served. Not one, not two, but five of them. All small and thick shelled and in their entirety. I reluctantly picked one up and dropped it in my plate. With a lot of probing, i realised that, as people at JnJ say, i have to break the barriers. I broke open the shell alright, but there was hardly anything inside. Slowly i picked and dropped and broke open all of them, but i hardly got anything to eat. And yeah, i forgot to mention about the noodles i had ordered. People would be glad to know, that i am a total convert now. Yes, i am a total southee now. I ate those noodles with my hands. :P
I simply did not feel comfortable around a fork. Its so much easier to eat with your hands.

Ok, ok....laugh on.

5 comments:

  1. I guess you are on a work trip and not any fun trip...so, why don't you write about your project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. crabs are delicate..u should have been sensitive to get em out of their shells..:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean by "Yes, i am a total southee now. I ate those noodles with my hands." ?

    I have never seen somebody eating noodles with their hands.. Maybe its something unique at the place you stay.. :D

    Anyways, looks like u are having a great time :P

    ReplyDelete